You are that special someone who has the passion, experience and expertise to manage diverse client relationships and the initiative to successfully implement their strategic marketing plans. You have demonstrable experience with B2B, B2C and NPO clients and are used to working with the discipline demanded by Fortune 1000 companies. In your role with Clever Samurai™, you will be responsible for collaborating with and leading an interesting group of clients within our growing client services team.
You’ve been an advertising agency client services’ professional for at least ten years now, moving through progressive roles. Ideally you’ve had broad exposure to varied industries, client business objectives and channel strategies. Your past experiences demonstrate your understanding of marketing and communications strategy, financial management and account planning. You have a post-secondary degree ideally in business or marketing.
You understand that advanced marketing thinking, great communication, strong attention to detail, effective budget controls, and a passion for service are basic table stakes for professional agency account management. You’ve set yourself a high bar for client satisfaction through ongoing personal development, exemplary teamwork, incredible organization skills and a ‘no challenge is too much’ attitude, to help your clients win.
- Provide strategy, vision, and continuous improvement to advance our clients’ business performance and our relationships with them
- Skillfully lead and direct our clients, within their brand strategies, to produce work that delivers against their business objectives
- Establish and maintain a proactive service delivery framework, ensuring our team is providing progressive and best in-class work-product
- Assure that our clients receive a quality of service, which encourages further growth and profitability in our relationships
- Assure the recommendations of leadership, strategy, media, finance and creative functions are considered in the development of all client marketing plans
- Oversee multiple complex projects with concurrent deadlines through effective account management and internal resource management
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive advertising agency, account management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or similar fields
- Exceptional leadership/management skills and superb oral and written communication, with seasoned presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
- Bilingual fluency in either French or Spanish is an asset
We are Clever Samurai. We’re a mid-sized, fully integrated, marketing communications agency. And, we are business people who understand that great ideas can help propel our clients further.
Our clients derive from verticals like technology, manufacturing, food, utilities, charities, business services, retail and more. Some have well-recognized brands, some have sales in the multi-billions and some you may never have heard of – yet. And with the diversity of clients comes the diversity of thinking that makes a career with Clever Samurai highly stimulating. We’re all here to make a difference.
We also win some awards, with 2015 including a CLIO Sports Award and a National Advertising Gold Award.
Clever Samurai is a 5th business® company, an integrated marketing strategy, communications and sales organization which also includes our sister-organization, 360 Leads™.
This position is based at our home office near Toronto Pearson International Airport. We welcome applications from qualified candidates. Simply email your resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Clever Samurai. All resumes will be carefully reviewed and we will contact those candidates selected for an interview based on our specific criteria. No phone calls or employment agencies, please.