What You’ll Do
You believe that ideas – great ideas, are what sets one marketing agency apart from another. We are looking for someone like-minded to join our team for what could very well be the best Account Director job in the world.
You are someone who has the passion, experience and expertise to manage diverse client relationships and the initiative to successfully implement strategic marketing plans. You have demonstrable experience with B2B, B2C and NPO clients and are used to working with the discipline demanded by Fortune 1000 companies. In your role with Clever Samurai™, you will be responsible for collaborating with and leading an interesting group of clients within our client services team.
You’ve been an advertising agency client services’ professional for at least ten years now, moving through progressive roles. Ideally you’ve had broad exposure to varied industries, client business objectives and channel strategies. Your past experiences demonstrate your understanding of marketing and communications strategy, financial management and account planning. You have a post-secondary degree ideally in business or marketing.
You understand that advanced marketing thinking, great communication, strong attention to detail, effective budget controls, and a passion for service are basic table stakes for professional agency account management. You’ve set yourself a high bar for client satisfaction through ongoing personal development, exemplary teamwork, incredible organization skills and a ‘no challenge is too much’ attitude, to help your clients win. And when our client’s win, we win too.
How You’ll Do It
- Provide strategy, vision, and continuous improvement to advance our clients’ business performance and our relationships with them
- Skillfully lead and direct our clients, within their brand strategies, to produce work with your teammates that delivers against their business objectives
- Establish and maintain a proactive service delivery framework, ensuring our team is providing progressive and best-in-class work-product
- Assure that our clients receive a quality of service, which encourages further growth and profitability in our relationships
- Assure the recommendations of leadership, strategy, media, finance and creative functions are considered in the development of all client marketing plans
- Oversee multiple complex projects with concurrent deadlines through effective account management and internal resource management
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive advertising agency, account management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or similar fields
- Exceptional leadership/management skills and superb oral and written communication, with seasoned presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
- Bilingual fluency in French would be an asset
This is a hybrid role
The person hired for this role is expected to work three days in the office and two days from home. There may be times when the person hired for this role needs to be in the office 5 days a week – appropriate notice will be provided.
Clever SamuraiTM is a strategy-first, marketing and communications consultancy. We help our clients create sustainable business advantage from every opportunity, to grow their profits and their social impact. We serve mid-market and enterprise-class clients in information technology, healthcare, manufacturing, public utilities, retail, food services, business services, not-for-profit and more. Our services include Strategy & Consulting, Market Research, Creative & Advertising, Digital Experience, Public Relations & Communications and Employer Branding. Clever Samurai is a 5th business® company, an integrated marketing strategy, communications and sales organization.
For more information visit cleversamurai.com or follow us on Twitter @CleverSamurai.
Clever Samurai values diversity in our workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and do not discriminate on any basis, including but not limited to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, or family status. Clever Samurai is an equal opportunity employer, and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote qualified persons based solely on the individual’s performance.
We welcome applications from qualified candidates. Simply email your resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format to: email@example.com Thank you for your interest in Clever Samurai. All resumes will be carefully reviewed, and we will contact those candidates selected for an interview based on our specific criteria. No phone calls or employment agencies, please.