We would like to invite a passionate and experienced Designer/Senior Art Director to join our talented team. Interesting and complex work is what motivates us, as we help our clients advance their brands and grow their businesses. And if this motivates you too, please read on.
You are a master at understanding how strategy translates into creative solutions that engage and resonate with audiences. You don’t follow trends, you look to create them. You’re not afraid to push forward with new concepts and ideas, especially ones that support our clients’ ability to compete and win.
You possess great passion for design, a keen eye and attention to detail and your work is beautiful. You are adept at overseeing all aspects of a design project, including production, and have the technical and creative skills to oversee the entire process. Your experience is the perfect blend of our digital and non-digital world.
- You’ll conceive and produce original creative assets that appropriately connect brands with their audiences based on the clients’ goals and positioning
- You’ll clearly articulate your design decisions and back them up with strategic supporting evidence, insight, and rationale
- You’ll art direct and build out creative and communications assets required at every stage of the design process from concepts to production, including digital, video, social, print, presentation decks, direct marketing, UX, OOH and more
- You’ll support brainstorming sessions, champion design thinking and foster creative problem-solving throughout the organization
- You’ll challenge briefs, help make them better, and seek the best solutions to achieve the desired outcomes
- You’ll maintain brand consistency throughout all marketing projects, sometimes creating visual brand standards for clients
- You’ll be obsessed about quality assurance, efficient work process and ensure that your work thinks big and gets the details right
- Your work will add to our list of creative awards and your work will help us retain and attract new clients who value our creative capabilities
Your Skills and Experience
- 7+ years’ professional creative experience in a graphic design or creative agency (freelancers are welcome to apply too)
- Bachelor of Design or accreditation in graphic design from a relevant institution and/or designations (eg. RGD)
- You have an online portfolio with an emphasis on digital work – responsive web design samples, video, social, interface design and brand campaign projects
- Strong experience with campaigns, branding, print, digital and video production
- Understanding of social media and content curation
- Experience building/supporting UX for websites and applications is a plus, particularly working with technical developers
- High level of expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch and other relevant design/UX software
- Strong organizational skills and comfortable coordinating multiple tasks within a deadline driven environment
- Able to work both independently and within a small team
- Impressive portfolio of versatile and delightful visual solutions, with a mix of B2C, B2B and NPO clients
This is a Hybrid Role
The person hired for this role is expected to work three days in the office and two days from home. There may be times when the person hired for this role needs to be in the office 5 days a week – appropriate notice will be provided.
Clever Samurai™ is a strategy-first, marketing and communications consultancy. We help our clients create sustainable business advantage from every opportunity, to grow their profits and their social impact. We serve mid-market and enterprise-class clients in information technology, healthcare, manufacturing, public utilities, retail, food services, business services, not-for-profit and more. Our services include Strategy & Consulting, Market Research, Creative & Advertising, Digital Experience, Public Relations & Communications and Employer Branding. Clever Samurai is a 5th business® company, an integrated marketing strategy, communications, and sales organization.
For more information visit cleversamurai.com or follow us on Twitter @CleverSamurai.
Clever Samurai values diversity in our workforce. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and do not discriminate on any basis, including but not limited to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status or family status. Clever Samurai is an equal opportunity employer, and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote qualified persons based solely on the individual’s performance.
We welcome applications from qualified candidates. Simply email your resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format to: email@example.com Thank you for your interest in Clever Samurai. All resumes will be carefully reviewed, and we will contact those candidates selected for an interview based on our specific criteria. No phone calls or employment agencies, please.