Think of Instagram and impossibly beautiful, sun-kissed landscapes come to mind, often with equally beautiful pictures of food, products, vehicles, people and more. There’s a reason why B2C companies like the platform; its striking visuals sell, sell, sell. But B2B companies should pay attention too: Instagram isn’t just a place to post enviable vacation snaps, fashion trends or food porn. Instagram is also a platform tailor made for B2B brands.
Statistics bear this out. One-eighth of humanity logs into the site, about a billion people, and 80 percent of those folks follow at least one brand. And for visual oomph, there’s no better place than the ‘gram’. Its emphasis on clean, high-quality visuals make it ideal for showcasing products, people, events, behind-the-scenes and workmanship.
Here are few good reasons to think seriously about Instagram as part of your social media strategy:
1. 88 percent of users are from outside the U.S. That’s a lot of global ad sales for your products or services.
2. If your audience is millennials, 70 percent of Instagrammers are under the age of 35. Perfect fit.
3. percent of American Instagrammers use YouTube. Tell a coherent brand story across these channels.
4. 35 percent of online adults use Instagram.
5. ‘Grammers’ love video: there’s an 80 percent uptick in video use year over year. Create a campaign to entertain and inspire, and you’ll be well on your way to becoming a favourite.
6. 60 percent of users seek out and discover new products on Instagram. If you want to make an impact on social, this is the place to do it.
7. Users spend an average of 53 minutes a day on Instagram, meaning it’s addictive!
Convinced? Research if your target market is there and consider setting up a company Instagram account – social media pays dividends in B2B lead generation, and Instagram is a proven winner. If you’d rather leave the Instagram strategy to us, we’re happy to help.